- Communicating clearly
- Implementing and adhering best practices
- Learning and adopting new technologies
- Being kind and friendly but also staying professional
- Staying focused and productive when working remotely
- CSS & pre-processors (Stylus and Sass)
- HTML & pre-processors (Jade, Twig, Liquid, HAML, Ace, and others)
- Developer workflows and build setups (via gulp/npm)
- SVG (icon systems)
- Git (proficient)
- Angular.js (proficient)
- Vue.js (proficient)
- Integrating designs into best-of-class modern sites (using WordPress, Ghost, Hugo, Jekyll, Harp, Statamic, Kirby, Craft, and others)
- Meteor, React, and Rails (experienced, semi-proficient)
- PHP, SQL, and Elm (experienced, semi-proficient)
- Linux server administration (experienced, semi-proficient)
Azure Standard– (10/2016 - Current)
Front-end developer. Work primarily on the company's client-facing e-commerce application which is an Angular 1.x single page application.
Be Heard!– (03/2016 - Current)
An application/platform engineered for podcasters. Ships as both a WordPress plugin and a css/js bundle (for integration with any stack). Built in Elm. (Note: Currently re-architecting this into a hosted application built with vue.js on the front-end and using firebase on the back-end)
Wesfed– (11/2015 - 2016)
Lead front-end developer. Helped the company establish their CSS architecture. Primary role consisted of integrating designs and front-end features into new and existing sites running on Rails, Statamic, Kirby, and Craft.
Pixel & Kraft– (02/2014 - Current)
A theme business run in collaboration with my wife (designer) and I (developer). Through crafting premium themes for Ghost and WordPress I've become intimately familiar and productive with both platforms.
The Codestead– (03/2015 - Current)
Creator and author of this developer-focused blog/resource site.
A side-project for learning the React.js library. Harnesses Trello's API to create resumes from Trello boards. Parses a json response into a PDF for print/download.
Niche Booklets– (08/2013 - 2015)
An entrepreneurial experiment where I wore many hats: author, publisher, marketer, & web developer. Notably, created a tool for escaping html here.
B Branded– (Spring 2013)
Worked as lead developer for the "Create Wilmington" project's website (http://createwilmington.com). Implemented the agency's design into a customized WordPress theme and led a training session with the city staff who maintain the site.
Prime Vendor Inc.– (Spring 2013)
Worked as an in-house developer integrating designs for their marketing site and several other projects.